Friday, April 16, 2010

April 16th

The Bronx and Grand Concourse Avenue



I went to the Bronx Museum to see that exhibition about Dr. Martin Luther King's movement.
Pictures were very powerful and impressed me a lot.
Dr. Martin Luther King was killed in 1968, so close to us....
http://www.bronxmuseum.org/freedom.html

There was also an exhibition of new black generation artists and I recommend you to have a look of those videos by Jefferson Pinder ( In the bottom of the page, the one called " car wash" is excellent).
http://www.gfineartdc.com/artists-detail.cfm?recordID=9




Picture of the Bronx (North Manhattan for those who don't know)




This talk in Manhattan was bout the history of the Grand Concourse road in the Bronx.
In fact, at the beginning of the 20th century, this area was a rich place and they built this huge avenue with gorgeous buildings to make like the " Champs-Elysees " in Paris.
But it didn't last, and as the drug and the poverty came up, the area changed a lot.




This gallery is the White Columns



Well, this his the new Van Gogh of Manhattan I suppose...


This artist is Horst Ademeit
Quite difficult to explain what he is doing in English, so let's check his page here
http://www.whitecolumns.org/view.html?type=exhibitions&status=current&id=491
It is very interesting.





I came back to Brooklyn. I feel so good in its streets.


This place is the ISCP, a art residency place.



This piece is from Zena Verda Pesta
"My mother's favorite color was yellow - Yeah fine with me, it looks like a penis" 2008


Terence Gower



Curiosity of the day... For us, french people....


Subway was full, it amused me.


Sorry, i didn't turn it.


Hope you enjoy the day like I did.

2 comments: